Thursday, February 19, 2009

Davis Family Menu for this Week

I always have tons of fresh fruit and veg I buy every 2 weeks at Food 4 Less. Add whatever vegetables your family likes. I buy broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, asparagus, and all the salad basics and fruit.
Biscuits and Gravy - Yes, its breakfast for dinner Grands and Farmer Johns sausage from last week, crumbles and sauteed with a flour gravy.
Beef and Bean Soup with Grands Biscuits - Onion, carrot and great northern beans, (still have from the Smiths case lot sale,) with beef broth and left over roast. The kids loved it.
Pasta Al Forno - pasta coated with spaghetti sauce, in the bottom of a 9x13 pan top with a white sauce seasoned with a bit of nutmeg (bachamel sauce). Bake for 40 min. With salad and veg.
Pizza Pockets and Warm Delights - Date Night for us, fun cheap food for the kids $1.60 (sounds good.)
Left overs- Pasta al Forno again
Chicken Parmesan- chicken breasts from last week, cut thin or pounded breaded with egg and progresso bread crumbs free at Albertsons, spray with olive oil. Bake at 400.
Fajitas with Pico de Gallo and Chips- chicken or beef marinate in Kens Marinade grill and slice, cut onions into rounds brush with olive oil s & p skewer and grill with meat. Serve with lettuce, cheese smiths last week, serve in tortillas top with sour cream.
Sirloin Steaks, Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus -Sunday Dinner - Steak at Albertsons, Asparagus at Smiths.

1 comment:

  1. I found your Blog through a frined of mine and I think it is so awsome, I love to save money and I am a great bargain shopper. I belong to a website and get monthly magazines from www.refundcents.com. This is how I started to use coupons and bargain shop. I also live in Las Vegas, But I do not get the coupons on Tuesday. I used to about a year or so ago then all of a sudden it stopped coming. I only get the Smartsource in the Sunday paper and never get the P&G on the first Sunday of every month. So I buy coupons from a group I belong on Yahoo and buy extra Coupon Insertrs when there are really good coupons out there. Thanks for your posts I have added you to my blog. Karen

    ReplyDelete