Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My First Time

The first time I walked into Albertsons with coupons in hand I felt like I was doing something shady. I was a bit sick to my stomach (all nerves.) Will they really let me use 5 of the same coupon? (Yes, they do!) Am I getting the right size box for the coupon I have? (Yes, it says 12 oz.) Where are the cleaning supplies in this store anyway? (Right there on the isle marked cleaning supplies.) There are only 3 boxes of Frosted Shredded Wheat's I have five coupons, what did she say to do about that? (Get a rain check, that's right.) I'm in line now is the cashier going to be snotty, because I have all these coupons? (No, she takes them scans them and there is this delightful little beep, I think it means its working.) If I've done my math right I plan on paying her like$27.00 for $72.00 worth of groceries, will that set her off? (No, her awestruck response is you really know what you are doing don't you!) I'm thinking I really have no clue! But I say, I just use this really great website and it really works. She rips off a bit of receipt paper and says. "what is the name of the site?" Grocery Smarts I reply. I make it to the car review the receipt. It worked. I paid $27 and got a ton of stuff. The stomach ache has been replaced with at little flutter in the bottom of my stomach. Is that excitement? I think this is going to be a sweet deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment